The time has come.... I cannot believe that after over a year and a half of prayer, planning, and non-stop talking about Kenya, the time has come to actually go. I want to thank all of you who have supported me in any way. I cannot express how grateful I am for all of your prayers, love, support, hugs, and financial contributions. All of you have made a tremendous impact and have contributed in meaningful ways throughout this process. I cannot tell you how many times God used each of you to encourage me at just the right time. Many of you will never truly know how God used you to bless me throughout this process. A dear friend often says, “Everything counts and everything matters.” It is so true. Everything does count and everything does matter. Thank you for being such an intricate part of my life and journey.
This process has been filled with many blessings, as well as challenges. I am thankful for both as it all has worked together to strengthen my faith in God and has helped me to trust Him more. With only five days before departure, I am filled with many emotions. The dominant emotion is that of excitement. I am excited to see, feel, and experience God's presence in ways that I have yet to experience. I pray that God will truly use me as a vessel so others may come to know Him for themselves and they too will be able to see and experience His presence in new ways. It is my prayer that God will remove my desires, my will, and my plans so that I will be sensitive to hear His will, His desires, and His plan. I pray that I will go as a servant leader and remember that I have as much to learn from the people in Kenya as they can learn from me. I pray that authentic relationships will be formed and true ministry will take place. I pray that lives will be changed and transformed through the power of the Holy Spirit. Essentially, I pray that we will see God be God and do what only He can do.
I can honestly say that I have no idea what God has in store for the next two months, but I am confident that He will move in big ways and we will see miracles that we cannot even fathom right now. I ask that you continue to pray for me, Nakisha (the missionary that I will be traveling with), Rev. Crawley and Rev Pass (our host missionaries) and all those that we will come in contact with throughout this journey. I have listed below some prayer request, but I ask that you continually keep us covered and allow the Holy Spirit to guide you as I cannot predict all of our specific needs throughout the duration of the summer. Thank you in advance for your prayers and continued love and support. May God Bless you abundantly. Love you!
Some prayer requests:
-Traveling mercies/ Safety/ Protection/ Favor
-Heightened discernment and sensitivity to the voice of God
-Wisdom and understanding
-Forming Authentic relationships with the people in Kenya (I pray we will see/understand Kenyan people and their culture through their eyes, not through the eyes of an American.)
-I pray that our eyes will be open to what God is doing and opportunities that we are presented with.
-Peace and comfort for family and friends in America (I pray they will experience the peace of God and be able to trust Him as we travel to a foreign land and will have limited contact with most of them.)
-Smooth transitions
-Protection from dangers seen and unseen (spiritual warfare)
-The Park Church youth mission team that will be coming in July
No comments:
Post a Comment