"Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act." Proverbs 3:27 (NIV)



Saturday, February 15, 2014

Learning to Trust God!


I, just like many others, have prayed numerous times that I wanted a closer relationship with God and wanted to be able to learn to trust God completely and fully.  I want to live a life completely surrendered to Him.  Little did I realize the impact of those prayers.  In order to learn such a powerful lesson, God often has to get us out of our comfort zone and in a place of complete and utter reliance on Him.  This is exactly what I experienced as we were attempting to come home after the mission trip to Kenya this summer. 

The day that we were scheduled to depart from Kenya, we learned that the Kenyan airport caught on fire that same morning.  The initial reports were that the airport would be closed indefinitely.  With much prayer, we were able get a flight out two days later.

After waiting two extra days, we departed from Kenya and landed in Turkey for what was supposed to be a connecting flight.  However, after a flight cancellation, lost luggage, and a lost passport, things were looking quite differently, than what we had planned.   

It was through this experience that God allowed me to see Him, hear Him, and trust Him like never before.  I had been stripped of ‘my plans’, ‘my expectations’, and ‘my comfort’. I was not able to do it for myself and could not rely on friends and family to help me out of this.  It was God and I and if He did not do it, it simply was not going to be done.   I had to rely on God’s plans, God’s expectations, God’s comfort, and God’s peace.  

All I can say is, only Jesus can orchestrate the order of events to work out the way that they did.  He was with us every step of the way and provided us with exactly what we needed at just the right time.  Once I calmed down and started to rely on Him completely, I was able to see Him at work.  It was then that I was able to see Him every step of the way and could feel His presence.  It just took me releasing it ALL to Him and realizing that there was nothing I could do but trust Him completely to take care of us…..AND HE DID!!!  Within 24 hours, we had all of our luggage, our passports, and another flight home.  Praise His Holy Name!

Little did I know that this would be a lesson of a lifetime in which I will forever be grateful.  I am thankful because it has allowed me to see and trust God in all new ways…ways that would not have been possible without this experience.   THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment